Android App - Would You Rather Kids - Update #1


Image result for android app store

I released my first proper application to the Play Store on November 2017. It's called "Would You Rather Kids Free".  It's a really simple game that took about to week to develop (1-2 hours dev day). To me, this was a really great achievement. The game idea itself was quite a common idea, so there was nothing really special about it. However, what it was to me, was a great learning experience on Firebase integration and general Android UI functionality.

Firebase is awesome! It's google's mobile platform that provides additional tools to be used for ones application. The best one of all is an online realtime database. Did I mention that firebase is free? There are various premium packages with premium contention. However Firebase does have a free package with basic features, which is all one needs to start out.


4 months after the release of my app, it somehow has quite a few downloads! 4500 total downloads with 1275 active installs. This blows my mind! See below lifetime statistics.


For someone from South Africa, it's amazing to see so many international installs. After 4 months of not updating the application due to my work being too busy, I'm happy to say that today, I'll be updating my application. The updates include the ability to add new questions from the app, as well as a streak system. I'm hoping that this update will help foster more downloads :)

If you'd like to support me, please consider downloading my game or telling your friends about it. Much appreciated.

 Image result for android app store


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Context Switching is killing your productivity at work

Integrating Code Syntax on a Blog or Website.